Let me show you what I decided to make out of some scraps from the diaper bag that I made a couple of posts ago.
CLICK "READ MORE" BELOW TO SEE ALL OF THE PICTURES
These were the 4" corners that were cut from the bottom of the bag. When I cut them, I thought that they looked like something useful for a later project. They already have interfacing ironed to them. So I set them aside for later.
I also thought that it would be a good time to check out one of the many stitches that my wonderful new machine could do...stippling.
Brother SE 400
I'm in LOVE with this machine! I did my research on sewing machines before I decided to buy this one. It has so many time cutting features. For instance - easy thread bobbin, threads the needle, push button to cut threads, automatic back stitching, the list goes on & on. Of course, this is my opinion. Brother has not paid me to brag on their machine. :)
I needed some bias tape, so I cut 4 strips.
This is what it looked like after ironing.
Hmmm, not sure of what I think about the stippling stitch.
Here's 2 of them all finished.
I am not very good at bias tape and this project didn't turn out as well as I anticipated. But I did learn some things along the way. So it wasn't a total wash.
While I was out today running errands around town, I stopped at a local fabric store and purchased one of those do-dads that folds the bias tape for you while you iron it. I hope this thing saves me a lot of heart ache. I'm currently working on a quilted wall hanging for my sewing room that I will need bias tape for. I will let you know how well I liked my new gadget.
Thanks again for stopping by!