Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Leaf Arrangement Tutorial

This Fall Leaf Arrangement Tutorial just maybe what you need to get you geared up for cooler weather!

CLICK "READ MORE" BELOW TO SEE ALL OF THE PICTURES



What you will need:
1 vase
2-4 Silk Leaf bushes (Depends on how big 
of an arrangement you want to make)
floral wire cutter
little berries for the bottom of vase
hand full of sticks
(I got my sticks from the backyard)
glue gun and glue sticks
(optional-fuzzies from Pampas Grass)
Pull the leaves off of the leaf bushes.

Cut the wires on the berries but leave all of them in tact.  There is no need to cut each of them individually.

Put berries in the bottom of the vase.

You should have a pile of leaves to work with.

Begin by hot gluing one leaf at a time on the sticks

Here's a couple of leaves that have been glued on a stick

To make it easier, I laid the sticks on the table while I finished gluing all the leaves.

I also went in my back yard and cut some of those long fuzzies from my Pampas Grass to use as a filler.  You may want to pick up some other type of filler when you purchase the silk leaf bushes.

Here's a couple of shots of the finished arrangement.



















14 comments:

  1. This sounds easy enough that even I may be able to do this! The finished product looks great! So where are you going to place it? I love the berries in the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I think the berries at the bottom are genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Diane, This is smart and pretty! Not to mention thrifty. Thanks for sharing!

    Tracy (new follower from Skip To My Lou)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather it's on my mantle. Thanks for the compliments all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been doing a little fall crafting and decorating myself! Your arrangements look lovely! Stopping by from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Very cute idea!
    New follower from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop.

    scrapproject365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new follower form Welcome Wednesday. I love the colours of autumn, so vibrant. Your display is really lovely.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the follow--following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower, Id love a follow back.
    http://ohhthejoysofboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I'd love for you to link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-thrifty-thursday-35.html

    Hope to see you soon!
    Michelle
    www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane- that turned out beautifully! Thanks again for visiting my blog and following- I'm following you back. Good luck here and with your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Cute blog too btw! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I've followed you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for following me, I'm following you back now! This project turned out really cute!
    ~*Jessica Lauren @ Copy-Cat-Crafter*~

    ReplyDelete